NSW Real Estate Agent Licence for Business Agents
The NSW Real Estate Training College is a leading provider of training in the NSW and QLD real estate industry. We offer flexible online learning where you study in your own time, at your own pace. All course material is accessible via our website ensuring students receive the most up to date information
Course outcomes and pathways
Successful completion of the Real Estate Agent Licence course meets the educational requirements needed for application to NSW Fair Trading for a Real Estate Agent Licence.
Being a holder of a NSW Real Agent Licence can provide you with many benefits, including owning and operating your own real estate agency or employment as a Licensee.
Upon completion of the course students are awarded the qualification CPP40507 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate).
Provided you can supply evidence of holding your NSW Business Agent licence, you will receive automatic exemption from completion the following modules:
- CPPDSM4008A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4006A Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- CPPDSM4015B Minimise agency and consumer risk
- BSBLED401 Develop teams & individuals
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
Leaving the following 19 units to complete as part of the NSW Real Estate Agent Licence course - CPP40507 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate)
1. CPPDSM4007A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
2. CPPDSM4080A Work in the real estate industry
3. CPPDSM4009 Interpret legislation to complete agency work
4. CPPDSM4003A Appraise property
5. CPPDSM4004A Conduct auction OR CPPDSM4020A Present at tribunals
6. CPPDSM4005A Establish and build client-agency relationships
7. CPPDSM4010A Lease property
8. CPPDSM4011A List property for lease
9. CPPDSM4012A List property for sale
10. CPPDSM4013A Market property for lease
11. CPPDSM4014A Market proeprty for sale
12. CPPDSM4016A Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
13. CPPDSM4017A Negotiate effectively in property transactions
14. CPPDSM4019A Prepare for auction and complete sale
15. CPPDSM4022A Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
16. CPPDSM4049 Implement maintenance program for managed properties
17. CPPDSM4056 Manage conflicts and disputes in the property industry
18. BSBRKG304 Maintain business records
19. CPPDSM4001 Act as a buyer's agent
Students undertaking the course take approximately 4 - 6 weeks to finish. However, there is no time restriction and you may choose to complete studies in more or less time.
Training and assessment
Course assessment is competency based. Competency-based assessment is largely activity-based and practical. However, competence also implies that an individual demonstrates an understanding of the knowledge that is the basis of the practical task being carried out.
There are a combination of assessment activities and tasks requiring written responses. Assessment tasks also contain scenarios that require you to demonstrate you can transfer knowledge into workplace situations.
Completed assignments can be uploaded onto the website for marking or you can email your assignment to us and we can upload it for you.
Assessment is conducted within approximately 48 hours of submission.
Recognition of prior learning
You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning (RPL) if you have worked in the Real Estate sector before. RPL is the formal recognition that your current knowledge and skills meet the requirements of a given unit of competency. It does not matter how you achieved your current level of knowledge and competence – formal training, on-the-job training, self study, work experience, life experience. What does matter is that you are able to provide evidence that your knowledge and competence meet the requirements of a particular unit of competency (competency standard). When you have provided this evidence and it has been accepted as proving your knowledge and skill in a particular area, you will be given credit for a specific competency without having to engage in further study. For further information, please review the RPL application form located in main menu.
Legislative and licensing requirements
All applicants for a personal licence must satisfy the Commissioner for Fair Trading that he/she is:
- at least 18 years of age
- a fit and proper person to hold a licence. Any person in partnership with a licensee in a property agency must also be a fit and proper person
- has the qualifications required for the licence
- is not a disqualified person
- has paid the relevant contribution to the Property Services Compensation Fund.
The Act defines a real estate agent as a person (whether or not the person carries on any other business), who for reward (whether monetary or otherwise), carries on business as an auctioneer of land or as an agent:
- for a real estate transaction – ie. the purchase, sale, exchange, lease, assignment or other disposal of land, whether or not an auction is involved or
- for inducing or attempting to induce or negotiating with a view to inducing any person to enter into, or to make or accept an offer to enter into, a real estate transaction or a contract for a real estate transaction or
- for the introduction, or arranging for the introduction, of a prospective purchaser, lessee or licensee of land to another licensed agent or to the owner, or the agent of the owner, of land or
- collecting rents payable in respect of any lease of land and otherwise providing property management services in respect of the leasing of any land or
- for the sale or purchase of rural land with an area of up to 20 hectares or
- for a buyer or
- for the sale of residential premises in a retirement village.
Student support services
If you find you need assistance you are welcome to contact us by email, our online chat service or take advantage of our 24 hour, 7 days a week student phone support. We also provide mentoring service and assistance in the areas of language, literacy and numeracy.
Macdonald Education Pty Limited (trading as The NSW Real Estate Training College) is committed to protecting the privacy of all of our students. When we handle personal information we act in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
How do I enrol?
- Create a new account, or log on if you have a username and password
- Submit payment
- Complete an enrolment form (located in the main menu)
Need more information?
For further information on the College, programmes offered and College policies, please refer to the ‘Student Handbook’ located in main menu of our website, or call us 02 9987 2322.
Course Cost: $1015
Create Your Future Register & Enrol Now!
- Teacher: Murray Macdonald