We have introduced 2 new CPD courses to our scope in light of recent changes in legislation.
The new courses include:
Domestic Violence & Tenancies
This course will cover the reforms and what this means for your agency to ensure compliance and agency knowledge.
A summary of domestic violence reforms includes:
- The right of a victim to end a tenancy immediately and without penalty
- Victims cannot be blacklisted for ending a tenancy
- Liability for property damage caused by domestic violence
- Declarations of domestic violence
- Remaining tenants’ options and rights
- Review of domestic violence reforms
- What this means for you and your agency
The information included in this course is not exhaustive but looks at the key reforms relating to domestic violence in the tenancy area.
Property Sales Compliance – Grey areas
This course looks at the competitive world of property sales and how this can tempt agents to engage in practices that are inventive to satisfy the expectations of vendors.
Some of these practices can be perceived as out of the guidance of legislation. In this course we look at the grey areas of compliance of some of these and how to ensure you and your agency are compliant. We look at:
- “Dutch” auctions
- Misleading pricing
Some agents are missing their Licence renewal notices as NSW Fair Trading have changed the way they notify. We look at this and how to ensure you are getting notification on time.